Mescalito-inspired beast

Peyote - Known for its psychoactive properties when ingested, peyote is used worldwide as an entheogen and supplement to various transcendence practices, including meditation, psychonautics, and psychedelic psychotherapy. Peyote has a long history of ritualistic and medicinal use by indigenous North Americans.

Carlos Castaneda said in his many novels, based on shamanism and studying the shamanic ways of the Yaqui peoples in the southwestern US, that Peyote’s spirit, the embodiment of the experience, was known as Mescalito.

My thought was that there could be a spirit of some sort, inspired by these shamanic rituals, roaming about Louloudia, enveloped perhaps in a psychotropic “aura” of some sort that when approached, a native of Louloudia would fall into a dream state with the spirit. Clarity and peace of mind would fall over the Louloudian, an experience unique to them would take place over a period of a few days and after which, the Louloudian would return renewed with a newfound hope and lightness.

i know a spirit might be too big (maybe im just associating the word witht the seasonal ones too much) though it would be cool to have a shaman type creature that gives off the appearance of a spirit?? am i making sense?? like one radical dude just altering peoples perceptions just with it’s presence or something

IM TIRED IDK but i like your idea a lot and just came to nod my head a lot

OH yes i thought i responded to you a million years ago…

yeah i think you’re right, “spirit” is too broad, i just kind of imagine it as an enigmatic sort of resident of the land