So, I love birbs. We know this… I want to help derive our first, specific avian species for Lou. I’ve been brainstorming lately, but fighting a cold. I want to reserve this topic to post my research and ideas.
- I have the idea that they are similar in size and shape to a Golden Pheasant. A bulbous body, with unique coloration and elongated tail feathers.
- They aren’t actually fond of flying and prefer to remain in the brush and lower-level flora.
- One thing that I am pretty certain and set on is their song : they sound like bamboo wind-chimes.
- Pheasants are foragers. Perhaps these specific birds are fond of glowing crystals hidden throughout the world. Or our glowing mushrooms!
- Despite the referenced birds bright coloration, I figured these birds would have a color scheme of their natural surrounding terrain. If they are ground birds, they will want to hide; however, they do have one defining bright color. This is used to signal for mates and represent the bird’s overall health. The brighter or more intense this singular color, the healthier the bird.
The Alarm Call
Ideas and Input are welcome.